Products at Wheelwright’s Shop
Hand made tools:
As well as making wooden wheels, carts and lorries we also make other products, tools and equipment for our trade and associated trades.
All our products are intended for professional use and our designs are well tested in our own workshops.
Lathe centres for pole lathes:
Our Lathe centres are made to a high quality using our tried and tested designs that we have been using for over 20 years. Prices from £60 per set.
- 16mm (5/8) thread for extra stability and strength
- Locking nut for extra safety
- Hand forged locking handle
- free running crank handle for speed and comfort
- countersink holes for a tidy fitting
- Round main fixing and free running fixing to allow easy fitting (can either be surface mounted or counter bored for neatness 50mm)
- Hand turned handle
- all screws provided with kit
- Standard design to suit 3 x 2 1/2 headstock and tailstock, (other sizes and parts available, please contact Phill for details)
- Only basic tools required for fitting
Made with an elm head or similar suitable non splitting timber and an Ash shaft for extra strength and shock resistance. Prices vary, made to order.